Sunday, February 7, 2016

Day 38- Post Class Exhaustion

Today I taught my pinup hair and makeup class at a friends salon in Orange County. It was my first class since my last tour in October and it was really nice to knock the dust off. But dang! I forgot how exhausting classes are!
It is interesting how different classes in different cities
have such different dynamics. Some classes are only 5 people and all we do is chat and laugh the whole time. Some classes are 40 people and everyone is as quiet as a church mouse. And sometimes they are completely flip flopped! I definitely notice that the quieter classes take more out of me because I feel like I work harder to keep the energy up. Today was a little bit like that. I also forget how much my legs and back hurt when I stand on concrete for 5 hours straight. Who would have thought that teaching hair and makeup would be so taxing! Haha. Or maybe I am just a cranky old biddy.
I can't complain though. I got to hang out with and hug a group of awesome broads, I got some chocolate malt balls, I also got a cute new skirt, and my husband surprised me by showing up and taking me to lunch. All in all, it was a good day.
And now I am off to meet my gal pal for some wine and some food. Happy Sunday ya'll.

3 comments:

  1. If there is anything special you'd like me to bring you, when you're here in Albuquerque (snacks, candy, or any other necessities), just let me know!! I'm sure touring can be exhausting, and I'd be happy to oblige! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww you are such a sweetie! I will gladly take anything you would like to bring... but definitely don't expect it! :)

      Delete
  2. You should do a tour in Brazil, vintage hairdos are getting very popular here. We have a lot of vintage hair salons now. Plus it would be awesome to have you in my country (come during witer, the sun is trying to kill us here). I can help you to get in touch with them if you want :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! Please be nice and kind with your words even if you have something to criticize. I am trying to answer to as many questions as possible but please have some understanding that I cannot answer to all of you. XOXO